TACLS: Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory Science
- Ensuring safe, accurate, efficient, appropriate and cost effective laboratory services is a component of quality
- Defining the characteristics of competent personnel within the profession and providing professional development opportunities so that practitioners can maintain competency are essential roles of a professional association
- Enabling laboratory professionals to function at their highest level of competence will contribute to cost effective health care
- Promoting diversity supports the delivery of quality laboratory service
- Taking a leadership role in standard and policy setting is a core professional responsibility
- Advocating for quality within the laboratory is essential to the assurance of quality health care delivery
The mission of ASCLS is to make a positive impact in health care through leadership that will assure excellence in the practice of laboratory medicine. ASCLS Believes:
- Quality laboratory service is essential to quality health care.
- Competent, credentialed, laboratory professionals are the foundation to quality laboratory medicine.
- Everyone deserves access to safe, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered healthcare, and
- Advancing the laboratory profession advances health care.
New Doctorate in CLS Program was Approved at UTMB!
For more information on the DCLS Program at UTMB please visit https://shp.utmb.edu/ClinicalLaboratorySciences/DCLSprogram.asp
For the latest news on what's going on in your professional organization and Laboratory Science, please visit us on our blog!
2016 ASCLS Voices Under 40 Recipient
To learn more about Brandy, please visit our Member Spotlight page! While there, take a moment to read our other spotlight bio's.